This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal information we collect from you and how we process your personal information when you visit https://www.storecheck.com/en/home (the “Website”). This policy also describes the commitment of our United States and Canadian affiliate, following are the details:
Personal information we may collect from you
- We will collect personal information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys and contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access. Our collection of this personal information will make your visit to the Website easier in the future as we will be able to suggest Content that is relevant to you based on the location from which you access the Website.
- We will collect any information you provide to us when you use our contact forms (for example “Contact us” or “Subscribe to our newsletter”. The provision of your personal information via our contact forms is not a statutory or contractual requirement; however, please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields, because we need this information to comply with or respond to your request. Other information or personal information you share with us when completing our contact forms is in your sole discretion. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing via email when you opt in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt out of receiving future marketing communications at any time.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- to best tailor Content and resources according to your preferences.
- to respond to your request or questions when you contact us.
- to send to you other information – such as Storecheck upcoming events or newsletters – that may be of interest to you.
- to help us create, publish and improve Content most relevant to you.
- to ensure that the Content provided through the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- to further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
Our use of your information as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because it is:
- necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out above, and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- in some cases, necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or
- in some cases, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and, when we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain;
- in limited circumstances, processed with your consent which we obtain from you from time to time, such as when you opt in to receive marketing communications and news via e-mail.
We [do not] make any automated decisions solely through automated means without implementing suitable measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests. The retention periods of your personal information depend on the respective purpose for which the data is processed and the respective tool in which the personal information is processed in. It is not possible to outline the various retention periods in a reasonably intelligible format under this Policy. The criteria used to determine the applicable retention period are that we will retain the personal information set out in this policy for as long as (i) necessary for the respective purpose, (ii) necessary to carry out our business relationship with you, (iii) you have consented to, and/or (iv) required by applicable statutory retention laws.
Sharing with third parties
To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with the content and/or resources, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents: from time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include the hosting and/or maintaining of Website content, the provision of certain features contained on the Website, or the provision of marketing services. In some countries we engage third parties to operate on our behalf pursuant to a license agreement, and if your request for information applies to services or functions they perform, we will provide such personal information as may be necessary for them to fulfill your request. All such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions, and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To government, police, regulators or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
IP addresses and cookies
Where your personal information is stored and processed
As explained in the “Sharing with third parties” paragraph above, we share your personal information with the following:
Third-party suppliers, contractors or agents: where we use a third-party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal information remains under our control and we have controls in place to ensure your personal information is adequately protected.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Your rights. How you can access, correct and delete your personal information
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information.
- Right to correct your personal information: If you can demonstrate that personal information we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data deleted. However, this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where, in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, we will do so without undue delay.
- California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. Please note that we do not rent, sell, or share in any manner, your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone for marketing purposes.
To the extent our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such withdrawal. You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority.
We will only send marketing communications to you via email where you have consented that we may do so. We will usually offer you a check box on the forms we use to collect your personal information to consent to receiving marketing communications, you have to click the box. Where we send marketing communications to you via email, you may opt out of receiving any further marketing communications by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function in the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us at https://www.storecheck.com/en/contact
Other Storecheck sites
We offer online tools and services through other websites which may be accessed through this Website and which have their own privacy policies that govern our handling of your personal information when you visit those websites.
Changes to this Policy
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. We shall publish any material changes to this Policy through appropriate notices either on this website or contacting you using other communication channels.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to us by email by clicking on https://www.storecheck.com/en/contact-us You can request a copy of mechanisms relating to a specific transfer of your personal information by https://www.storecheck.com/en/contact-us